Sunday, January 12, 2014

A Little's Enough

If you have been reading for awhile, then you know that my guiding word for 2014 is "Become".

And I really feel as if I am doing quite well at having a guiding word to keep me on my path.
This is my first year at doing this and I am pleasantly surprised at how much lighter it is than having resolutions. 

I just have to keep reminding myself that it's steps. 
  I do want to become an active poet, artist, healer, inspirational presence, traveler. 
But I don't have to be all of them right this second. 
I am not going to wake up and just be those things, out of nowhere. 
It's a process, a path. 

I am doing little things everyday to be active in my passions. 
I am painting even one layer in my art journal, or writing just the beginning of a poem, or spend even five minutes being mindful of my body and mind and surroundings; it's all waves flowing into the ocean of me becoming. 

And all of the little things I do add up, they are seeds I am planting now. 
And in the future, they all stack up to me becoming and being immersed in my passions.

There is an Angels and Airwaves song that says "a little's enough". And that is where I am at in my life right now. If I expect myself to just be a published writer and making money from art and a seasoned traveler all at once, out of nowhere, then I am just going to stress myself and exhaust myself. 

A little's enough. 

And when the seeds have grown and it is time to harvest, then it will be time to expend every energy and resource to reap my workings and have them come to fruition. But for now, I just plant the seeds and water them. Patience is key. You can not rush the seeds of your dreams and passions. Let them soak up the daily nutrients and they will go strong for you. 


I have many other things I wish to talk about but they all deserve their own blog posts. (Look forward to me talking about BEARS!) 

And here are two new art journal spreads! 



 I'm loving yellow for a pop of color lately. 

I hope your little acts are going well and that you remember that a little's enough! 

2 comments: