Monday, January 28, 2013

I've Been Doing Things!

Hello there, old friends! It has been a hot minute, I know!
So, I know that by the end of January, a lot of people have already lost track of their new year's resolutions. Let's see how I'm doing, shall we. Here were my new year's resolutions:


Okay, first one, get fit and healthy! That one is going excellent! I have already lost ten pounds. I then gained two, but then I lost those again too! My legs are definitely getting toned and less flabby and I get to eat amazing healthy food and I feel great! (Greek yogurt with honey is my obsession!)
Second one, meditate. Eep. I have definitely been letting this one slide. I need to start slowing down and letting myself breathe! My mind is constantly moving at top speed, through chaos and whimsy. So, I do need to settle down and just let myself be. 
Third, write more poetry. I have done a little better here. I even made a video of a spoken word poem!
Fourth, go out in nature more. Weather permitted, yeah, I am not doing bad on this one! I walk to the store, and walk around the nearby park. It is starting to feel like spring around here and I am loving it! 
Fifth, make more art! I am definitely doing better! I think I will put some new art in a post of it's own soon! I don't want this one to get too crowded! 
Sixth, stress less. Wellllllllll. Haha. I know I could try more here. It's just a matter of being aware and mindful. I do take more relaxing baths! 
Seventh, bring peace and healing to the world. Well, I really don't feel like I do that much. I need to reach out to my friends more. I have been excessively reclusive lately. I could reach out more, and focus on bringing light into the world more. I need to stay on the healing path! 
Eighth, learn sign language. This one isn't too serious and is just for fun. I am very intrigued by sign language. I have the alphabet pretty much done but I do need to study more! 

How are you all doing on your resolutions, goals, and dreams?! I am loving 2013 so far and looking forward to a creative year of growth and revelations! Healing and blessings to you all! <3 br="">

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your weight loss :)!
    And I LOVE your poem! You are fierce! Gave me goosebumps x)

    I've got 5 resolutions;
    1.Be more accepting of my current life situation (the ME and all of that).
    2.Do more yoga and meditation!
    3.Worry less.
    4.Draw and paint more.
    5.Brush kitty lady regularly.

    Love yours, especially the one about peace and healing to the world ♥ we all need to pull together on that one.

    My first is the easiest when I'm in a good mood, and the hardest when I'm in a bad one. Funny how it goes..

    xox
    Marita Bliss

    ReplyDelete