Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Week of Unplug-ness

I just had five days off or work. I did not make as much art as I thought I would... 
I started a few pieces, which are now laying about, bored out of their unfinished minds. 

I believe I am in a bit of a creative rut here. And I don't blame the internet, although it can be distraction. 
I think I just need to unplug from everything and get back to my own life, to have room to find my own voice again. To find what inspires me in real life, without all the pictures and blogs and tweets of things that inspire me. 

I am still going to tweet my grateful tweet everyday, since that is a journey I set myself upon. 
But I will not browse twitter or be checking any other tweets from those I follow.
I am allowing myself to still use 750 words.com everyday since this is also a habit I am trying to form and am hoping it may become an e-book someday. So that is staying in.

So besides that, I will not be online. Nor will I use my computer for music listening or movie watching. 

My computer makes it way too easy for things to become mindless, I can read three blog posts real fast and not really take them in. I can play music in the background as I clean or create, instead of really listening to music. I can watch t.v. shows while I eat or pass the time instead of focusing on my food or spending the time creating. 

And so, a week of unplugging to find my creative fountain ounce again it is! I hope a week is enough time! I have a feeling it's going to be really hard. Technology has become such an extension of our own beings, that we don't even think about how we use and interact with them.

This week is just to test the waters. And if, in the future, I feel I must unplug again, I will know if I need more time! 

I hope you all are well. I hope you are playing in your creative fountains. If not, go find them and get to splashing around!

No comments:

Post a Comment